Our legislative mandate emanates from the Act, which includes the regulations and the codes. The Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Rob Davies (MP) may from time to time issue notices to clarify or guide the implementation of the Act, and this is done through the Government Gazette.
Generic Code of Good Practice
The Minister, has announced the release of the revised Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Codes of Good Practice. Minister Davies says the refined Codes symbolise a new beginning in the re-orientation of the transformation policy to focus more on productive B-BBEE and the growth of black entrepreneurs through Enterprise and Supplier Development elements.
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Codes of Good Practice
- Phase 2 B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice Gazette No.38766, 6 May 2015
- Revised notice of Clarification on application of the B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice
- Revised formulas for code Series 200 and 300, fifth criterion for empowering supplier
- Youth Employment Service (Y.E.S) Initiative within Code Series 000, Statement 000
- B-BBEE Exempted Micro Enterprise (General)
- B-BBEE Exempted Micro Enterprise (Specialised Entity - General)
- B-BBEE Qualifying Small Enterprise (General)
- B-BBEE Qualifying Small Enterprise (Specialised Entity - General)
Sector Codes Gazetted under Section 9 (1)
Enquiries regarding the above information can be directed to:
Tel No: +27 12 649 0910
To read about the B-BBEE Regulations, click here.